His interrogation lasted more than four hours. Ten months after the disappearance of his wife, Delphine, on the night of December 15 to 16 in Cagnac-les-Mines, Cédric Jubillar was questioned this Friday for the first time by the investigating judges since his indictment on 18 June, due to “serious and concordant” indications. “He explained himself at length, in particular on his relationship with Delphine. He answered all the questions, which ultimately were more or less the same as those he had been asked while in police custody. He continues to proclaim his innocence, no new element has emerged, ”said Alexandre Martin, one of his three lawyers at the end of this meeting with the magistrates-instructors.
The latter did not want to go into the details of the interrogation, covered by the secrecy of the investigation. “The defense can only clearly consider that justice is unable to put forward elements which would make it possible to establish that Cédric Jubillar is guilty of the facts with which he is charged”, continued the lawyer.
Request for release on Monday
Cédric Jubillar is again summoned in December by the two investigating judges, this time to address the facts with which he is accused. In the meantime, his defense which considers that the file “is empty” and that “the presumption of innocence is clearly cheated”, will file a new request for release. Since his detention four months ago, Cédric Jubillar has been in solitary confinement, “unbearable conditions” according to his lawyers.
“We are making a request on Monday and if it is not accepted we will appeal again,” said Jean-Baptiste Alary, another of his lawyers. Previous requests for the release of Cédric Jubillar were rejected, the judges considering that there was, in particular, a risk that the husband of the 33-year-old nurse put pressure on the witnesses.