Solidarity Minister Damien Abad, against whom a complaint for attempted rape was filed on Monday, does not know “absolutely not“the complainant, said Tuesday, June 28 on BFMTV his lawyer, Benoît Chabert.
“He doesn’t see who it is“said Mr. Chabert. “The facts that are mentioned in a press article are false and he strongly contests them“, he pointed out, saying that his client was “totally innocent“. The minister’s lawyer also judged “disturbing“that this complaint intervene”in the days preceding the renewal of the government», «twelve years” after the facts denounced. A complaint was filed Monday at the Paris prosecutor’s office against Damien Abad by a woman who accuses him of having attempted to rape her during a party organized at his home in Paris in the first half of 2010.
SEE ALSO – Accusations of rape against Damien Abad: “How many do you need?” Responds Marine Le Pen
“I struggled, I punched him in the stomach”
The testimony of this woman had been published by Mediapart in mid-June under the assumed name of “Laetitia“. According to the investigative site, it is a “elected centristwho was, during the events she denounces, president of a federation of the New Center youth movement, of which Damien Abad, then MEP, was the national president. On the evening of the events, according to his story, Damien Abad told him “offered a drink“at the bottom of which she saw”Something“: suspicious, she went to spit out her sip in the toilet. Still according to his words, Damien Abad was waiting for him behind the door and would havepushed into a room oppositeand then allegedly tried to force her to perform oral sex. “I was scared, I was flabbergasted. I struggled, I punched him in the stomach“, she says. “Laëtitia” says she was finally able “come undoneof his alleged attacker and leave the room thanks to the irruption of a guest.
According to Mediapart, the facts reported by this woman are “supported by the testimonies of eight people, to whom she confided or who may have witnessed certain elements of her story“, and that the site claims to have contacted. On Monday, the minister again challenged the charges and announced that he was filing a slanderous complaint. On BFMTV, Me Chabert indicated that it would be filed Tuesday during the day.
SEE ALSO – Accusations against Damien Abad: Elisabeth Borne “invites” the victims to file a complaint