MISCELLANEOUS FACTS. A fire broke out on Friday June 17, at the end of the afternoon, at the Courtepaille restaurant in Saint-Dizier. Quickly brought under control, there were no casualties.
Twenty firefighters from Saint-Dizier and Bettancourt-la-Ferrée intervened on Friday June 17, around 5.45 p.m., at the Courtepaille restaurant, in the reference area. When they arrived, the thatched roof, typical of the restaurant chain, was almost completely ablaze. Quickly, three lances were put in place to contain the fire. “We managed to limit the fire to the roof and the frame was not affected. However, there will be damage inside the restaurant, ”explained Lieutenant Xavier Mourer, commander of the emergency operations, on the spot. According to the first elements, the fire would have taken in the extraction engine of the restaurant chimney. A hypothesis that will however have to be confirmed.
The Courtepaille hotel and restaurant closed for the night
When the firefighters arrived, all the occupants of the Courtepaille restaurant, but also of the Ibis hotel to which it is attached, had left. No casualties are therefore to be deplored. But with no electricity and no breakfast room, the hotel had to close for the night. “The 36 customers have been redirected to another hotel in the city and the eight employees are technically unemployed”, added Lieutenant Mourer, who, in view of the high temperatures, also mobilized an ambulance, in operational health support for the firefighters. GrDF agents, the national police, the mayor of Bettancourt and his first deputy were also on the scene.