Hérault: the restaurant La Terrasse du Mimosa, in the heart of the village of Montpeyroux, victim of a fire

The drama took place this Friday, June 17 at 4:30 p.m. The establishment is very damaged.

It was 4:30 p.m. on Friday June 17 when smoke began to escape from the restaurant La Terrasse du Mimosa, located in the village square of Montpeyroux, northwest of Montpellier.

A security perimeter was quickly put in place.
ML – Colette VISSEQ

Passers-by and elected officials immediately alerted the firefighters who arrived in large numbers on site. Then the mayor and several of his municipal councilors evacuated about fifteen people living in neighboring houses.

Two gas cylinders explode

Upon entering the building, the firefighters noticed that the flames were already rising to the 2nd floor. The explosion of two gas cylinders even damaged the back of the building, the debris of which litters the street.

The fire took everywhere...

The fire took everywhere…
ML – Colette VISSEQ

The firefighters then went from behind with the truck and the large aerial ladder to fight the flames and cool the remaining gas cylinders (a dozen in total), subjected to a significant thermal shock.

A huge blow for the restaurateur

The fire was finally fixed around 6:30 p.m. Fortunately, no injuries were reported. But the restaurant is badly damaged. It’s a huge blow at the very start of the season for the owner of the premises.

The large ladder was out.

The large ladder was out.
ML – Colette VISSEQ

An investigation is underway to try to determine the exact circumstances of this fire which seems, in view of the first investigations, purely accidental.

Leave a Comment