In June, four renowned chefs from Reunion will set up pop-up gourmet restaurants in the heart of priority neighborhoods on the island. A moment of sharing around the zarlor that the péi cuisine represents, with a note of awareness of balanced food and a pinch of training to encourage vocations.
During June, several ephemeral restaurants run by great chefs from Reunion will open their doors in priority neighborhoods. A one-of-a-kind concept, baptized Resto La Kour*, intended to take gastronomy out of the usual gilding attributed to it, and to reassign to it the pleasure of sharing and the intercultural and intergenerational link that should never leave it.
In partnership with the SHLMR and the municipalities of Saint-Benoît, Saint-Denis and Saint-André, the Resto La Kour project, led by the INLOVATION agency and the culinary media ZEST, is the only one on the island to be fully in line with the “Gastronomy Year” call for projects launched last September at the national level by the Government, France Relance, the CCI France and the CCI Réunion.
Four events will be held during the month, and will see chefs like Kevin Minatchy, Sébastien Catherine, Julien Tarmalingom, Lucinda Sevetian, accompanied by Sébastien Ramuscello from the Réunion des Chefs, take the helm of a “restaurant for a day” in company of about fifty tenants previously registered. On the program, cooking and tasting, but also training and awareness of pleasure, healthy and balanced cooking. Fresh, local and reasonably priced products will be made available by partner cooperatives, with an emphasis on organic thanks to the support of the Union of Organic Producers of Reunion (UPROBIO). A live show hosted by actor Lino Rasolonirina will then give way to discussions on food issues, from waste to nutrition, including professional catering techniques and the fight against food insecurity.
Meet on June 7, 10, 14 and 17 in different SHLMR neighborhoods in the North and East of the territory, to measure its full scope.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – PROGRAM
● Tuesday, June 7 – Saint Benoît “Quartier Europe” – CHEF JULIEN TARMALINGOM
● Friday, June 10 – Saint Benedict “Quartier Europe” – CHEF LUCINDA SEVETIAN
● Tuesday 14 June – Saint Denis “Quartier Bouvet” – CHEF SEBASTIEN CATHERINE
● Friday, June 17 – Saint-André “Quartier Station” – CHEF KEVIN MINATCHY
Schedule of each event:
– 8.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Cooking workshop with the chef and his SHLMR tenant clerks in the outdoor kitchen of Resto la Kour
– 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Welcome of tenants and invited partners
– 12:30 p.m./2:30 p.m.: gourmet lunch 50 covers