Vosges. Sad Father’s Day for the restaurant “La Bergamote”, victim of a fire in Thaon-les-Vosges

Sunday morning at 12:05 a.m., the entire team at La Bergamote restaurant was cooling off outside after a big service. It was then that a waitress called the boss, Guillaume Romaire, to tell him that there was black smoke billowing from the kitchen.

This content is blocked because you have not accepted cookies.

Clicking on ” I accept “cookies will be stored and you will be able to view the content .

Clicking on “I accept all cookies”you authorize the deposit of cookies for the storage of your data on our sites and applications for the purposes of personalization and advertising targeting.

You retain the option to withdraw your consent at any time.
Manage my choices


He didn’t want to “give up his cooking”!

Listening only to his courage, Guillaume rushed inside and, opening the kitchen fire door, he discovered the flames. The alert was immediately given to the firefighters while the manager grabbed fire extinguishers to start putting out the fire. The fire probably came from the fryer. The restorer was once again confronted with the fumes to remove the device in question. The situation was becoming untenable. The firefighter caterer was beginning to be powerless in the face of the magnitude of the fire and the smoke, but was shouting: “I will not abandon my kitchen! The emergency services arrived immediately and took matters into their own hands. Gas and electricity were shut off and the fire brought under control.

This content is blocked because you have not accepted cookies.

Clicking on ” I accept “cookies will be stored and you will be able to view the content .

Clicking on “I accept all cookies”you authorize the deposit of cookies for the storage of your data on our sites and applications for the purposes of personalization and advertising targeting.

You retain the option to withdraw your consent at any time.
Manage my choices


The next morning, all staff showed up voluntarily to begin cleaning. It was a waste of time because the fire ceiling, the fire doors and the cables had melted.

The kitchen is totally destroyed. Only the lab has been saved, which means that the catering part will be able to function, including the manufacture of pizzas to supply the vending machines. The room with its 104 seats is also saved but without a kitchen…

Possible technical unemployment

The company, which now awaits experts and insurance, is made up of 11 employees, in addition to Cindy and Guillaume Romaire. There is no doubt that there will be technical unemployment.

Always with the energy that characterizes him, the restaurateur says: “My employees have shown solidarity and are a precious help. We only continue the catering part and the pizza distributors are functional. I blame the blow but we will leave even stronger. »

The reopening of the restaurant should not be effective for several weeks, even several months.

Leave a Comment